1. Connect your store to Idealo
Connecting the Shopify store to Idealo is executed through a respective account on this price comparison platform.
Your application for Idealo account will be checked manually by the Idealo staff. You have to wait for approval.
- Register an account. Navigate to Idealo registration page and fill the form with your contact data.
Idealo asks for feed file on the initial phase of account setup. Prepare feed URL before you start registering an account. See Create the product feed to get the feed URL.
Feed URL request
2. Create the product feed
Before connecting your store to the Idealo, you need to create and configure the feed.
- Navigate to Feeds > Add > Idealo to generate the feed file. The feed is created in CSV format. Select the Idealo DE template specifically for idealo.de.
- Fill required fields in General tab section
- Configure the Google Analytics tab if required to track visitors from the marketplace
- Put Feed status to active
- Press Save to finish and generate feed.
- Locate the link to the feed file in the Feed block. You will be pasting this link on Idealo site
Idealo maps the columns manually. Inform this marketplace by email on any changes to the column order of your feed.
In order to correctly place your products within Idealo product categories you may need to use Category Mapping.
3. Upload the feed to Idealo
Idealo provides the option to upload the feed manually, over HTTP, and via FTP. The HTTP method may be the simplest for you. To configure the FTP upload you need to contact your manager at Idealo.